Certified Eco Youth Hostel in the centre. Renewable energy sources, saving energy and water and reducing waste are basic to improve the local environment and ensure a more sustainable stay.
Sleep Green is the first urban youth hostel in Spain that was awarded with the EU Ecolabel in recognition of its commitment to sustainable tourism and protection of the local environment.
Sleep Green is a small, cozy youth hostel in Barcelona’s beautiful neighborhood Eixample. Our location is unbeatable, allowing you to easily discover the city by foot from the hostel. There are supermarkets, bars, clubs, main tourist sites and public transportation all on our doorstep. Sleep Green features comfortable air-conditioned dormitories of only 4 to 6 beds. All rooms have a balcony and brand-new mattresses! The hostel is equipped with a guest kitchen to cook meals and have breakfast.
We provide FREE security lockers, FREE and fastest 100 mb internet and WIFI throughout the hostel. Our knowledgeable staff will provide you with lots of information, maps of recommendations, discount cards and insider tips 😉
Book at Sleep Green to see our policies in operation and to feel good in supporting our efforts!
Based on a strong vision for a more sustainable future we created Sleep Green, an Eco Youth Hostel in the center of Barcelona. To make recognizable to the customer that we operate to high standards of performance and advocate socially and environmentally sustainable business practices, we applied for the EU Ecolabel, an award for products and services, which meet the highest environmental standards.
At Sleep Green we acknowledge that an accommodation provider has a negative impact on the environment. To minimize harmful effects of our business activities to the fullest extent we have taken the following action steps:
- •We contracted an electricity company providing 100% energy from renewable sources.
- •We solely installed LED light bulbs.
- •The majority of electrical appliances on site is rated A+++ with a minimum of A+ energy efficiency.
- •All shower-heads and taps are push taps to minimize water consumption.
- •We provide facilities to make recycling easy.
- •We only use biodegradable cleaning products and recycled toilet paper as well as office paper.
- •We conduct regular staff training to ensure staff is up-to-date with our environmental measures.
- •We inform guests of our environmental management and encourage them to support us with achieving our environmental goals.
To foster our commitment we will ensure that in future only environmentally sustainable processes, pollution prevention, and a continuous improvement in the design of our facilities and execution of our services on offer in relation to the environment are implemented. Further we will:
- •continuously strive to reduce any possible damaging effects to the environment which may result as a consequence of our activities.
- •comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and constantly try to stay ahead of these.
- •encourage the integration of environmental considerations into business planning and decisions.
- •effectively communicate our commitment to the environment to our employees, suppliers and guests, as well as promote awareness and accountability to environmental issues to help us implement our environmental policy.
- •continue to look for opportunities to improve our environmental performance by evaluating the results of our environmental policy and set goals for further improvement on a yearly basis.